DIY paper lamp / Lampara de papel

I’ve got a lot of lamp all around the house. I made these wall paper lamps in the entry. Once I had found the way to make the pattern, it was super fast to make several.

Tengo un montón de luz por toda la casa. Hice estas lámparas de pared en papel para la entrada. Una vez que había encontrado la manera de hacer el patrón, fue súper rápido hacer varios.

And to continue a short tutorial:
Y para seguir un pequeño tutorial:

1/ Print, assemble and cut the pattern. Trace the pattern on the paper you chose to make your lamp. I use white Canson, it give a nice warm light.

2/TURN POWER OFF and unscrew the base of your wall lamp.

3/ Remove a little the base of the lamp, you don’t need to take it of or disconnect any cable.

4/ Slide the paper behind the base.

5/ Screw the base on.

6/ Fold the left side of the paper.

7/ Fold the right side.

8/ Slide the tab into the slot. That’s it.

Please, always use energy saving bulb, it doesn’t heat and it’s safer when you work with paper.

You can find the pattern Here in US letter format and Here in A4 format.

Pueden encontrar el patrón Aqui en formato carta y Aqui en formato A4.

If you like this post, please make your friends enjoy it and share!

Share:

21 Comments

1. November 17, 2012 / 2:11 pm

Really great

2. January 13, 2013 / 11:35 am

Hello,
    What paper did you use, since regular paper contains oxygen and burns easily ?

thanks 🙂

• January 13, 2013 / 8:37 pm

I used light beige Canson paper, but the important thing is using energy saving bulbs because they doesn't heat!
      J'ai employé du papier Canson, mais surtout, j'ai mis des ampoules économiques (ça chauffe peu, donc pas de risque avec le papier 😉

3. Anonymous
    February 1, 2014 / 8:07 pm

How do you get the paper behind the base without removing the base completely?

4. Anonymous
    June 4, 2014 / 1:03 pm

Merci pour ce super tuto (et pour les autres aussi).
    Je ne vois pas le lien pour télécharger le patron !? peux-tu m'aider stp?
    encore 1000 merci.
    a+

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2014 / 3:12 am

Look at the template. You make small cuts all around the center circle and slide it over the bulb from the front. Then tuck the little tabs behind the light fitting and tighten the screws. Hope this helps to answer your question.

5. December 9, 2015 / 4:08 pm

Fascinating information about paper craft making such a good experienced and fabulous information in quite a long time.

6. Anonymous
    March 24, 2016 / 9:28 am

Dear Ama, I love this idea for a lamp! Very clear tutorial also.
    I might not be able to get hold of the exact same paper. How many g/m2 is the Canson paper you used?

• March 24, 2016 / 4:02 pm

Hello, the paper I use is a 150g. I think there is no problem to work with other paper as long that they are thick enough. I like the Canson because it gives a nice warm light.

7. June 1, 2016 / 12:02 am

I I love these lamps. The paper is white or brown? Perhaps it seems to be brown because of the light, doesn't it? thanks for sharing 🙂

• June 1, 2016 / 12:59 am

Hello Maria, the paper is white. I used a Canson sheet. You are right it looks darker on the pic.

• November 2, 2016 / 1:53 am

Claudia, Gracias por compartir el link, me encanta ver lo que hacen con mis tutorials! Te quedo padrissimo! Un abrazo!

8. January 7, 2017 / 2:07 am

es una buena forma de iluminar esos pasillos que requieren un ambiente mas armonioso y calido

9. February 19, 2017 / 12:27 am

Genial, ya lo realice y quedo Perfecta en mis escaleras, Gracias.

• February 23, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Que bueno que te sirvio! 🙂 Saludos

10. May 26, 2017 / 12:23 am

But LED bulbs as these create no heat at all so no worry about what your lampshades are made of. They are really bright and small. I chose against energy saving bulbs but the led bulbs are great.

11. May 26, 2017 / 12:25 am

LED bulbs are non warming. I used these when making my lampshades. It's peace of mind as they create no heat at all. Hope this helps people worried about danger. You can use what you want over them and save ££££'s in the process.